Grand Canyon & Havasupai: Additional Information
Grand Canyon Backpacking Info
Havasupai Backpacking Info
Grand Canyon Day Hiking:
- Day Hiking trips at Grand Canyon National Park can be booked 7 days a week year-round
- $169 / Person
- Minimum 2 People
- We provide transportation from Sedona, Flagstaff, Williams, Tuscayan and Grand Canyon. We will pick you up onsite at your hotel and/or accomodation.
- All trips include guides, permits, necessary equipment, meals, snacks, drinks taxes and fees.
Grand Canyon and Havasupai Backpacking Prices:
- 2 Days: $580 / Person
- 3 Days: $795 / Person
- 4 Days: $1025 / Person
- Additional Days: $195 per Day / Person
- Rim to Rim Trail: Additional $75 / Person
- All trips include guides, transportation, permits, necessary equipment, meals, snacks, drinks taxes and fees.
When are multi-day backpacking trips into the Grand Canyon and Havasuapi available?
Most Grand Canyon multi-day backpacking trips are guided year-round with the exception of our Rim-to-Rim trips which take place from May to November. Havasupai is guided from March to December. Instead of only offering tours on specific dates, forcing you to join a pre-existing group, CenterFocus will work with you to schedule a trip for when it is convenient for you. As a result, we accept reservations for any dates, year-round. Upon submitting an information or reservation request via telephone or email for your desired dates, CenterFocus will provide you with the dates that we already have groups scheduled for. You are welcome to join one of these pre-existing trips, or request your own trip dates. If you request your own trip dates, CenterFocus will immediately begin to work on permitting for these days. You will be notified shortly regarding whether or not permitting was possible. If permitting is possible, we will reserve and guide you on your requested dates.
Booking a backpacking trip with CenterFocus:
Backpacking trips may be booked from 2 days to a year in advance. However, as backpacking permits in Grand Canyon National Park can be difficult to acquire, we advise you to make a reservation 4-12 months in advance. The sooner the better, as we cannot guarantee availability for these trips as guests come to the Grand Canyon and Havasuapai from around the world.
Grand Canyon Backpacking Information:
- All backpacking tours include all equipment, permits, meals, training consultation, snacks, drinks, taxes and fees.
- All backpacking tours include transportation from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, Sedona, South Rim locations and the Grand Canyon Village.
- We have parking lots where you are able to leave your vehicles.
Havasupai Backpacking Information:
- Add a flight or horse to your backpacking trip: $100 each way per person
- Note: Heli-based tours are only available on Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, and Mondays from March 15 to October 14 and on Fridays and Sundays from October 15 to March 14
- All backpacking tours to Havasupai include all equipment, mules to carry your gear to and from basecamp, permits, meals, training consultation, snacks, drinks, taxes, and permit fees.
- All Havasupai backpacking tours include transportation from Sedona, Flagstaff, Williams or Seligman. We have parking lots in these cities where you are able to leave your vehicles.
- Cancellation Policy: See Terms & Conditions
- Maximum backpacking group size is 11 people including our guides
- There is no minimum group size
- Havasupai has no group size limit
- Snacks are included.
- You will be provided with delicious homemade meals prepared by our guides prior to your trip with us.
- Please notify us in regards to any food allergies.
Gear and Equipment:
CenterFocus will provide you with everything that is necessary to adventure with us in the Grand Canyon. We only use the finest packs, tents, sleeping bags, and equipment on all of our backpacking journeys. For more information please click here
Our day hiking and backpacking tours are rated on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being a couch potato and 10 being a marathon runner. Moderate physical fitness is required for our backpacking trips. More advanced journeys may require a higher level of fitness as well as some desert hiking experience. At CenterFocus, we will consult with you in regards to the prerequisites associated with each individual journey.
How Do You Prepare:
We can, at your request, work with you to outline exercise programs and other creative ways, conducive to where you live, that will help you train and prepare for these once in a lifetime adventures.