Canyoneering: Salome Canyon
Our Phoenix and Sedona canyoneering trips and tours for the Salome depart from Tonto Basin at 9am. From Tonto Basin, we provide 4x4 transport through rivers and desert. Upon arrival, a two mile hike will bring us to a spring fed desert oasis and the head of our technical canyon adventure.
After our guides provide a 30 minute ground school training, we will swim and scramble through a golden walled canyon filled with crystal clear water. At the end, rappel a flowing waterfall, landing in a sculpted grotto. After a final swim, we begin a two mile interpretive hike back to our vehicles. Our guides will return you to Tonto Basin around 4pm.
This trip provides you with a day of both challenge, as well as relaxing in beautiful clear water. The natural beauty here will be unlike anything you have ever seen anywhere else in the world, as this desert environment is unique to this remote wilderness area. The trip provides you with a memory that will last a lifetime, and brings couples and families together as we form a team to take on the challenges within this canyon, and it is always a whole lot of fun working together in these sorts of environments.
- - Trip includes guides, equipment, drinks, snacks, taxes and fees.
- - $245/Person
- - Add a GoPro video of your adventure filmed by our guides for $75
- - Discounts available for groups of 5+
- - Private tours available 7 days a week, year-round at multiple locations
- - Tours to this location available from March through December.
- - Transportation from Tonto Basin to site.
- - Other canyons available year-round.
- - Contact us for more info
Click here to sign up for the CenterFocus Newsletter and get the inside story regarding trip discounts, helpful travel information and tips on hiking in the Grand Canyon and Sedona areas, as well as canyoneering and rock climbing.