Canyoneering: Salome Canyon
Our Phoenix and Sedona canyoneering trips and tours for the Salome depart from Tonto Basin at 9am. From Tonto Basin, we provide 4x4 transport through rivers and desert. Upon arrival, a two mile hike will bring us to a spring fed desert oasis and the head of our technical canyon adventure.
After our guides provide a 30 minute ground school training, we will swim and scramble through a golden walled canyon filled with crystal clear water. At the end, rappel a flowing waterfall, landing in a sculpted grotto. After a final swim, we begin a two mile interpretive hike back to our vehicles. Our guides will return you to Tonto Basin around 4pm.
- - Trip includes guides, equipment, drinks, snacks, taxes and fees.
- - $245/Person - 1st two people, $150 additional (2 Person Minimum)
- - Private tours available 7 days a week, year-round at multiple locations
- - Tours to this location available from March through December.
- - Transportation from Tonto Basin to site.
- - Other canyons available year-round.
- - Contact us for more info
Click here to sign up for the CenterFocus Newsletter and get the inside story regarding trip discounts, helpful travel information and tips on hiking in the Grand Canyon and Sedona areas, as well as canyoneering and rock climbing.